A green energy world, powered by smart technology
Origami provides real-time energy optimisation software, operating at the forefront of the global energy transformation.
As renewables grow and energy markets shift closer to real-time, energy companies need to manage an exponential increase in data and complexity. Powerful technology is required. Origami is defining a new category in the global energy sector with mission-critical software products to accelerate the transition to a world of net-zero carbon emissions.
Origami’s real-time, machine learning software provides the time-critical visibility, decision-making and execution solutions required for energy companies to succeed in an increasingly green energy system. Our modular suite of cloud-based software products enable energy companies to quickly make and execute informed decisions across physical and financial positions, and to do so at scale, for more efficient, resilient, and profitable trading operations.
Origami’s team combines deep domain knowledge of the energy industry, with cutting-edge machine learning software engineering and operational delivery specialists. We have offices in Cambridge (Science Park) and a home working contingent in London. Working at Origami means using your passion for the renewable energy sector to innovate, continuously adapt, and be empowered to do your job proactively. We hire people who want to stand out and make a difference, while supporting the collaborative and respectful team we have built here.
What you'll do:
Following a recent and highly successful fund-raising round, Origami is looking to capitalise on a strong sales pipeline and a healthy influx of valuable in-bound customer enquiries.
Our cloud-based data platform sits at the centre of the clean energy transition, and we know we're in the "right place, at the right time"......now we need an ambitious sales professional to help us drive plans for the next stage of revenue growth. You'll receive the support of our highly capable and experienced solutions, delivery and post-sales teams. In a sector that's experiencing exceptionally high growth, our product offering is becoming increasingly powerful. If you're an entrepreneurial individual experienced in identifying, leading and closing complex technology sales opportunities in the energy sector then I encourage you to apply.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- You are a results focussed senior sales manager with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- You are comfortable selling complex, high value B2B enterprise-grade SaaS solutions to large corporates
- Highly experienced in closing deals, combined with a good understanding of solution selling as well as other sales techniques
- Experience of the complete sales lifecycle from lead generation to deal closure, contracting, account management and ideally customer up sell
- Excellent track record of building own pipeline in an uncertain and evolving market
- Comfortable with complex sales and leading corporations through a consistent process.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Knowledge of energy related sectors such as energy trading software, renewable asset management and flexibility services
- A team player with great social and interpersonal skills, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong level of technical capability and understanding, as evidenced either by STEM-based education and / or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to adapt to changing and uncertain environments
- Excellent presentation skills, and willingness to learn about our product and the evolving market
- Understand the business needs of companies operating in wholesale power and ancillary services, and a track record in selling solutions to them
- Experience in selling product at early stage of maturity
- Experience working with sales methodologies such as Miller Heiman
- A strong network of industry contacts
- Commercial contracting and/or pricing experience
- A good understanding of renewable energy technologies, including Wind, Solar and Battery Storage technologies and assets
- Ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable with change
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Collaborative work space at our Cambridge office
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- Share Option Scheme. It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.