What you'll do
The energy industry is undergoing massive transformation in the push for net zero with impactful changes in decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitisation creating exciting challenges and opportunities.
Origami is building a digital platform that puts customers in control of the shifting opportunities of this energy transition. Our highly experienced technology team have built strong capability to meet the technical demands of a huge industry under significant change. We are now looking for a domain-experienced Product Manager to own the software products that comprise our platform and enable customers to harness the increasing data and insights, opening up innovative new commercial and operating models.
At Origami, we’re building our platform from the ground up with the energy transition in mind, to handle real time streaming data from a vast number of diverse data sources, and to provide clear insight and support decision making through powerful machine learning algorithms and a scalable, event-driven microservice architecture. We use a range of cloud-based technologies within agile product delivery teams who own the software they build all the way from idea to production and support.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Product Manager for a key part of our independent SaaS platform enabling customers to optimise participation in short-term power and energy markets.
- Work with a small team of Product Managers to define product vision, build product roadmaps, measure commercial product success, and improve product value through identifying differentiating and valuable product solutions to customer problems.
- Cultivate relationships with customers and across the business to build subject-matter expertise and be the pivotal driving force in Origami for your product area.
- Identify market trends and define business cases and product enhancements for new revenue streams.
- Be the source of truth for key product functionality, ensuring that the supported end-to-end capability and customer workflows are well-understood across the business, especially the Pre-sales, Solutions and Service Delivery functions.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to prioritise delivery to increase product value and meet market needs and customer milestones.
- Establish product commercial plans, communicate and implement the product strategy across the organisation to ensure that key objectives are met and align with company direction.
- Iteratively collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders to identify the products and features that solve market needs and prioritise them into a product roadmap.
- Act as a product evangelist and collaborate with sales and marketing on key opportunities, product marketing and go-to-market plans.
- Stay up to date with relevant market requirements, our competitors, and the evolving roles of our target customers.
- Conduct internal and end-user research and keep up to date with market trends to identify new areas of potential value and focus on pilots/experiments to validate hypothesis to change direction if needed.
- Work closely with Operations to align Product support SLAs with commercial value.
- Experience in the energy industry, with strong understanding of energy trading and/or optimisation in short-term power markets.
Commercially-minded, customer-centric experience with B2B software product management techniques.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills combined with excellent attention to detail and an ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively in both technical and business settings and to all levels of stakeholders
- A talent for building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders to identify their needs and requirements.
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure.
- Strong facilitation experience and ability to support stakeholders and manage conflict.
- Self-motivated, independent, progressive, passionate and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Evidence of building high-trust relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Enthusiastic and confident when talking to customers, and proven effectiveness working with senior decision makers.
- Demonstrable experience of successful cross-team and peer collaboration, balancing business and organisational needs.
- Demonstrable experience of effective and transparent communication with peers, managers and the wider organisation.
Other great things you may have:
- Experience with business model and/or lean canvas approach to identifying and communicating product value
- Experience working in Agile DevOps cultures and user driven product development
- Proficiency with tools such as Jira, Confluence, MS Office, Slack
- Experience in continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques (eg 5 why's, A3 thinking)
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Collaborative work space at our Cambridge office
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- Share Option Scheme. It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.