Who are we:
Origami provides real-time energy optimisation software, operating at the forefront of the global energy transformation.
As renewables grow and energy markets shift closer to real-time, energy companies need to manage an exponential increase in data and complexity. Powerful technology is required. Origami is defining a new category in the global energy sector with mission-critical software products to accelerate the transition to a world of net-zero carbon emissions.
Origami’s real-time, machine learning software provides the time-critical visibility, decision-making and execution solutions required for energy companies to succeed in an increasingly green energy system. Our modular suite of cloud-based software products enables energy companies to quickly make and execute informed decisions across physical and financial positions, and to do so at scale, for more efficient, resilient, and profitable trading operations.
Origami’s team combines deep domain knowledge of the energy industry, with cutting-edge machine learning software engineering and operational delivery specialists. We have offices in Cambridge (Science Park) and a home working contingent in London. Working at Origami means using your passion for the renewable energy sector to innovate, continuously adapt, and be empowered to do your job proactively. We hire people who want to stand out and make a difference, while supporting the collaborative and respectful team we have built here.
Why is the role important to Origami:
As renewables grow and energy markets shift closer to real-time, energy companies need to manage an exponential increase in data and complexity. Powerful technology is required. Origami is defining a new category in the global energy sector with mission-critical software products to accelerate the transition to a world of net-zero carbon emissions. Origami provides the time-critical visibility, decision-making and execution solutions required for energy companies to succeed in an increasingly green energy system.
Origami’s platform is continuously evolving bringing in new functionality and new markets, bringing with it new opportunities and new challenges. Working at Origami means using your passion for making a positive impact to continuously adapt and learn while working proactively to support the collaborative and respectful team we have built here.
We’re looking for people to enhance our Service Delivery and Support Team. As the name suggests we live and breathe the delivery and support of Origami Services. For some Services we are closely tied into the delivery, carrying out activities to schedule/monitor/report/action the service; for others, the technology platform sits at the heart of the service, and our responsibilities lie in configuration, training and providing support/incident management for our users.
This is a multi-faceted team where we work with a breadth of stakeholders across our business and our customers, and no two days are the same. But things the team needs to do typically include
- Understanding the Origami system, the energy assets that are connected into it and the services being delivered/on our roadmap
- Scheduling assets and services
- Configuring and commissioning new assets being added to the system
- Regular customer and service reporting
- Monitoring the assets and services being managed by the system, taking action as required
- Logging issues in our CRM (Ticketing) system in a timely manner ensuring that data is shared with the respective parties as required
- Taking ownership of queries and issues ensuring they are handled quickly either by phone or email
- Managing incidents within agreed SLAs
- Specifying and testing internal operations functionality for the Origami system and providing feedback into the technical team
- Staffing an Out of Hours Rota to service customer calls/incidents/ad-hoc out of hours activities
- A couple of years of relevant work experience ie with customers and technology.
- Familiarity with Excel/SQL/Linux/Postman – ideally with some basic programming (bash/python/VBA)
- A working understanding of electrical systems and a strong interest in the energy industry/“greentech”
- An ITIL4 Foundation certificate
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Collaborative work space at our Cambridge office
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- Share Option Scheme. It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.