What you'll do
The energy industry is undergoing massive transformation in the push for net zero with impactful changes in decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitisation creating exciting challenges and opportunities.
Origami is building a digital platform that puts customers in control of the shifting opportunities of this energy transition. Our highly experienced technology team have built strong capability to meet the technical demands of a huge industry under significant change, and we are now looking for an agile product owner to own a key functional element of our platform and help create the software products that enable customers to harness the growing data and insights and open up innovative new commercial and operating models.
At Origami, we’re building our platform from the ground up with renewables in mind, to handle real time streaming data from a vast number of diverse data sources, and to provide clear insight and support decision making through powerful machine learning algorithms and a scalable, event driven microservice architecture. We use a range of cloud-based technologies within agile product delivery teams who own the software they build all the way from idea to production and support.
We're now looking for a highly motivated Product Owner to own a key functional element of our technology platform, offering performance management of traded energy assets and portfolios utilising data-driven decision-making, machine learning and analytics.
You belong in this team if you could
- Be the driving force and source of truth behind product and feature delivery
- Collaborate with Product team colleagues, draw insight from high level business ideas and discussion, discover and distil specific customer needs and pain points, then clearly define requirements as epics and user stories to drive product design and delivery
- Iteratively collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders to identify the products and features that solve customer needs and prioritise them into a product backlog
- Cultivate relationships with customers and across the business to build subject-matter expertise
- Distil products and features into epics and user stories that are written clearly and concisely, capture true business value and are deliverable with clear acceptance criteria
- Fulfil Scrum Product Owner role for assigned delivery teams (refining product features, writing epics & user stories, facilitating solution design and story point estimating, prioritising product backlogs, setting sprint goals, leading demos, etc)
- Liaise with other Product Owners to ensure key feature dependencies are identified, managed and cohesive solutions agreed
- Support and collaborate with delivery teams throughout development, providing feature clarifications and making priority calls as required to ensure the correct products and features are delivered
Ideally you will bring
- Proven experience as an agile product owner, building and leading product feature delivery from concept to full market launch
- A real passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills combined with excellent attention to detail and an ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively in both technical and business settings and to all levels of stakeholders
- A talent for building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders to identify their needs and requirements
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Strong facilitation experience and ability to support stakeholders and manage conflict
- Self-motivated, independent, progressive, passionate and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Other great things you may have
- Experience in the energy industry, such as energy trading and/or optimisation
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Experience working in Lean, DevOps cultures
- Proficiency with tools such as Jira, Confluence, MS Office, Slack
- Experience in continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques (eg 5 why's, A3 thinking)
- Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Collaborative work space at our Cambridge office
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- Share Option Scheme. It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.