Who are we?
Origami is a fast-moving technology company working towards transforming the energy industry. Our vision is for a green energy world, powered by smart technology, and we’re providing game changing tools to this established sector to enable greater amounts of renewable generation to be used.
The world’s energy systems are changing. For more than 100 years a small number of large fuel-burning power stations have been used to provide power to our homes and businesses, but this is no longer sustainable. To power the world for the next 100 years, more sustainable and climate friendly energy sources are needed and people are increasingly choosing renewable energy to get the power they need. Origami is defining a new category in the global energy sector with mission-critical software products to accelerate the transition to a world of net-zero carbon emissions.
Origami’s intelligent trading and automation software for short term power trading enables energy companies to continuously harness the shifting commercial opportunities of the global energy transition. In doing so, our products are helping to accelerate the transition to a world of net zero carbon emissions.
Working at Origami means using your passion for the renewable energy sector to innovate, continuously adapt, and be empowered to do your job proactively. We have a start up mentality, and look for true team players who thrive in an environment where you need to adapt quickly to business priorities. The path to success is not a straight one, it twists and turns and there can be obstacles!
What you’ll do
Origami is looking for an exceptional Business Development professional to help drive our ambitious plans for revenue growth. Origami’s cloud-based data platform sits at the centre of the clean energy transition. This sector is experiencing exceptionally high growth and as our product Becomes more powerful we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial individual who is experienced at identifying, leading and closing complex technology sales opportunities in the energy sector.
Following a recent and highly successful fund-raising round, Origami is looking to capitalise on a great sales pipeline and a regular supply of in-bound customer enquiries. This role gives an exciting opportunity to join a high performing organisation. You will be supported by highly capable solutions, delivery and post-sales teams.
- A genuine interest in the wider benefits of clean technology and the drive towards a Net Zero energy system
- An accomplished developer of strategic business relationships at all levels
- A multitasker who can convert prospects into customers
- Ability to lead internal bid teams and project teams to focus and develop value propositions in order to exceed targets and strive for excellence
- High emotional intelligence -Able to listen to customers, truly understand their pain points
- Able to build strong internal relationships and influence the broader Origami team through collaborative working and excellent communication
- A structured thinker who is highly organised to develop a solution to deliver both Origami’s and the customers objectives
- A high attention to detail. Details matter and you need to demonstrate and prefer a real attention to detail
A bit more about you
- Extensive experience in the energy industry, ideally with a focus on power trading, renewable power generation and / or battery energy storage
- Strong level of technical capability and understanding, as evidenced either by STEM-based education and / or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years experience managing large accounts in a B2B high value enterprise-grade solutions to large corporates in Software & Services, SaaS, PaaS and other technology applications
- A good understanding of solution selling as well as other sales techniques
- Knowledge with sectors such as; Energy trading software, asset management, flexibility services would be useful
- Successful track record in managing and growing customer accounts
- Experienced from lead generation to deal closure, contracting, account management and customer upsell
- Excellent presentation skills, and willingness to learn about our product and able to provide product demonstrations to customers
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Due to COVID-19 we have mostly been working from home, but as we begin returning to the office I must mention our newly renovated offices on the Cambridge Science Park with a dedicated kitchen and communal area, creative and inspiring meeting rooms and breakout workspaces. Oh and free breakfast when in the Cambridge office (when it's safe do do it again)!
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.