Who are we?
Origami is a fast-moving technology company working towards transforming the energy industry. Our vision is for a green energy world, powered by smart technology, and we’re providing game changing tools to this established sector to enable greater amounts of renewable generation to be used.
The world’s energy systems are changing. For more than 100 years a small number of large fuel-burning power stations have been used to provide power to our homes and businesses, but this is no longer sustainable. To power the world for the next 100 years, more sustainable and climate friendly energy sources are needed and people are increasingly choosing renewable energy to get the power they need. Origami is defining a new category in the global energy sector with mission-critical software products to accelerate the transition to a world of net-zero carbon emissions.
Origami’s intelligent trading and automation software for short term power trading enables energy companies to continuously harness the shifting commercial opportunities of the global energy transition. In doing so, our products are helping to accelerate the transition to a world of net zero carbon emissions.
Working at Origami means using your passion for the renewable energy sector to innovate, continuously adapt, and be empowered to do your job proactively. We have a start up mentality, and look for true team players who thrive in an environment where you need to adapt quickly to business priorities. The path to success is not a straight one, it twists and turns and there can be obstacles!
What you’ll do
Following a recent and highly successful fund-raising round, Origami is looking to capitalise on a strong sales pipeline and a healthy influx of valuable in-bound customer enquiries.
Our cloud-based data platform sits at the centre of the clean energy transition, and we know we're in the "right place, at the right time"......now we need an ambitious Business Development professional to help us drive plans for the next stage of revenue growth. In return you'll receive the support of our highly capable and experienced solutions, delivery and post-sales teams. In a sector that's experiencing exceptionally high growth, our product offering is becoming increasingly powerful. If you're an entrepreneurial individual experienced in identifying, leading and closing complex technology sales opportunities in the energy sector then I encourage you to apply.
You belong in this team if this is you
-Strong level of technical capability and understanding, as evidenced either by STEM-based education and / or equivalent industry experience.
-5 years experience overachieving quota selling a complex, B2B high value enterprise-grade solutions to large corporates in Software & Services, SaaS, PaaS and other technology applications
-Highly experienced in closing deals, combined with a good understanding of solution selling as well as other sales techniques
-Knowledge with sectors such as; Energy trading software, asset management, flexibility services
-Successful track record in managing and growing customer accounts
-Experienced from lead generation to deal closure, contracting, account management and customer up sell
-Excellent presentation skills, and willingness to learn about our product and able to provide product demonstrations to customers
-Extensive experience in the energy industry, ideally with a focus on power trading, renewable power generation and / or battery energy storage
A bit more about you
-Understand the business needs of power traders and have a track record in selling solutions to them
-Experience in selling product at early stage of maturity into large corporate and executing a ‘land and expand’ strategy
-A strong network of industry contacts
-Commercial contracting and/or pricing experience
-A good understanding of Renewable energy technologies, including Wind, Solar and Battery Storage technologies and assets
What’s in it for you?
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Origami. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets, we’re proud of the culture we’ve built here, and what we offer our people to sweeten the deal.
- Due to COVID-19 we have mostly been working from home, but as we begin returning to the office I must mention our newly renovated offices on the Cambridge Science Park with a dedicated kitchen and communal area, creative and inspiring meeting rooms and breakout workspaces. Oh and free breakfast when in the Cambridge office (when it's safe do do it again)!
- We want you to work in a way that suits you! So we promote flexible working hours, working from home and an informal dress code. We are always open to hearing about new and wonderful ways of working!
- Rest and re-generate with 25 days holiday.
- It’s important to us that everyone fully owns their role and contribution to our vision, what better way to reward this than equity in the company?
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance, a cash health plan (optical, dental, complimentary treatments etc.) and a life insurance policy worth 4x your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme, with bike storage & showers.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Refer a friend bonus of £1,500 net.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline/CBT).
- We want you to follow your passions, so take 2 volunteering days a year for the cause of your choice.
- Hack Fridays - one day a month to focus on your development and work on your creative projects.
- Stay with us for 4 years, and along with your long service award you’ll get an extra week's holiday and £1,000 net!
Origami is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, and sexual orientation.